Thursday, July 8, 2010

A week on my own

For the past week I haven't had my kid sister Olivia to watch and Todd has been out of town for his guy trip. The rain put a little kink in the schedule but I still did a few things. Here is my list of adventures for the week.

1. Go watch Eclipse with a few friends
2. watch way to many movies because it was raining
3. workout
4. clean, clean, and clean more mud
5. make room for baby girl
6. get locked in the shed (oh yes this really did happen)
7. work with the dogs
8. go to Sun Berry Orchard for some fresh fruit
9. make dog treats
10 get a pedicure (first time)


So, you are probably wondering how does someone get locked in a shed. Well, the door knob on the inside is broken. I was moving some things to the shed before the rain came (again) and while inside a large gust of wind slammed the door shut. I will say I completely freaked out and cried hysterically as I realized no one would come over for a day or so to check on me. I didn't have my cell phone on me and Todd is out of town. Thankfully, I still had the presence of mind to insert the door knob that was broken in the hole to see if I would open the door. What do you know it worked! My next move would have been to break the door down. I will never laugh about those people in movies stuck in small dark spaces again. I couldn't handle a large dark space being trapped. Most terrifying 60 seconds of my life!

3 comments:

  1. I know that is not funny, but I would have paid money to see you bust that door down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I would have turned into the Hulk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha sorry I laughed a little, sis! Always carry your phone with you- you never know what's gonna happen! ;-)

    ReplyDelete