Good Morning Ellie!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
This month I am going to talk to you about the inside circle work with cones. I wanted an easier way to work on inside circle work to help my coordination with it. I set up four cones in a square and placed a fifth one in the center (can make it as big or small as you want).
Then I have my dog on the outside of the cones on my left side (since that is our weak side). I treat my dog as we walk along the outside (less treats as they get better) and always treat at the cone as you are turning. The cone just gives you an obstacle to help teach you and your dog the turning technique. Once you are comfortable doing the outside you can change direction going to the center cone or doing figure eights. This helped to keep the game more exciting for myself and my dog really had to pay attention to what I was doing.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Ellie is changing and doing new things all the time. I try to catch some of it on video but what do you know just like her Daddy when the camera comes on she becomes shy. I can't get Ellie to do half of what she does off camera. So here is a little peek.
Playing with her puppy dog toy.
Playing in her play box.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Here is a look at some greats from 2010:
1. Finding out Ellie was growing in my belly (even though she had no name)
2. Ski trip with family
3. 3 days of agility training with Laura Derett in Houston, TX
4. Todd and I see Ellie for the first time on ultra sound
5. Spending a week at home with Todd (staycation)
6. Ellie being born
7. Watching Todd light up every time he sees his daughter.
8. Losing the baby weight
9. Being amazed at how loving and supportive Todd is for me
10. Ellie's first Christmas
And here is to a great 2011!