Monday, July 25, 2011

I loath...

Scorpions!  Waking up to someone telling me "move, move there is a scorpion in the bed" is not what I wanted to hear last night.  Then to my horror have my pillow used to squish the thing.  My pillow did no damage to the scorpion but a shoe on the bed did (after several attempts).  I was the flashlight gal during this bug squishing episode.  After the thing was dead I checked and rechecked my pillow before using it.  My nerves were on edge that is was very hard to go back to sleep.  Just a few weeks ago I was chased down by a scorpion in the bathroom.  After Todd squished that one we were talking in the kitchen were I spotted a light brown moving critter on my shoulder from the corner of my eye.  Let me just say Todd said my feet were moving so fast it reminded him of a cartoon.  Then of course I landed squarely on my rear which lead to a nice size black & blue mark.  Yeah, that one just turned out to be a June bug that landed on me but at the moment I so thought it was a scorpion.  I look forward to cooler weather for many reasons and the scorpions leaving is at the top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment