Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Surprise...


I was very surprised this morning when I opened the front door to take the dogs for their walk and found a raccoon ten feet from the door. Thankfully, two of the dogs were excited about the walk and ran out the door without seeing the critter. Reese stood frozen wondering what in the world the thing was. Then there is Seida (on leash thankfully) wanted to rip him apart. After the dogs were safely away (in my parents yard next door) I tried to scare the raccoon off. Air soft gun and sticks did not work. Finally, I told him "you can't stay here" and he wandered off to the back side of the house. At least he is not outside the door anymore. I have been watching the raccoon outside my window and the poor thing seems to be sick, old, or hurt. He decided to spend his last few hours outside my house (lucky me). I think I will take the dogs through the yard for walks in case there is any unexpected critters outside the front door again.



1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Tell Todd to get rid of that critter for you! I can just hear you tell that thing that it couldn't hang around with your bunch!

    ReplyDelete