Monday, May 4, 2009

Hiking in the Grand Canyon

Todd and I were worn out and sunburned after hiking in the Grand Canyon. It was a lot of fun and the canyon was beautiful. We had planned on camping and decided at the last minute to stay in a hotel. We thought it would be better to not wake up in the morning as a popsicles (38 degrees at night). I wanted to point out the squirrel picture below. I foolishly thought it would be fun to try and feed one (not suppose too). I plead temporary insanity. The picture is very nice, but you don't see that after he eats his treat he tries to eat me. Thankfully he didn't hurt me or break the skin. A lady came up to me (who works for the park) and kindly told me that more people end up in their first aid from squirrel bites (oops). No more wild animal feeding for me. Todd and Heidi
Don't try this at home!

Todd and Heidi two hours into the canyon.


From the canyon rim you can see the trail we hiked.



We hiked along the ridge in this photo.





1 comment: